Transportation, haulage and logistics law
In relation to national and international standards and regulations, we assist you to recognise problems concerning transportation law early on and assist you in responding to them. In the same way, we advise and assist prominent freight agencies and transport companies and their customers in the formation of complex (international) logistics agreements.
Our long experience of providing advice in this area has enabled us to avoid escalating legal problems and to limit the amount of damages, particularly in issues of road freight transport. Easy understanding in our daily practise gives our clients what they really need: support that pays.
- Support for freight agencies and transportation companies as contract partners
- Advice on the structuring and drafting of (international) freight contracts
- Advice on the acquisition and sale of freight agencies and transportation companies
- Assistance concerning different forms of liability (road, rail, air, combined Transport)
- Assessment of liabilities, limitations and exclusions of liabilities; particularly according to the CMR (Convention on the Contract for the International Carriage of Goods by Road), the AÖSp (General Austrian Forwarders’ Terms and Conditions), the Austrian Business Code (Unternehmensgesetzbuch) and ‘Spediteurhaftung’ (carrier’s liability)
- Enforcement of claims (before the courts), place of jurisdiction and governing law, arbitration
- Drafting of freight contracts and orders, including ancillary logistic services
- Special areas like liens, customs liability, drafting of general terms and conditions
- Incoterms 2010, advice on legally correct application of internationally recognised and standardised Incoterms clauses for road, rail, air, sea and combined transport
- Court-appointed and certified experts in transportation, freight and logistics law